, 1928, PRETORIA, , GOLD, KM:21
|Armored figure on rearing horse|
|British type with Pretoria mint mark: SA.|
VCoins Dealer Code of Ethics
VCoins was created to simplify and reduce the cost of e-commerce in the ancient coin marketplace and to foster friendly relationships between collectors, dealers, and the general public.
VCoins recognizes that all dealers are legally obligated to operate their businesses in accordance with applicable local, state, and national commercial laws. A further requirement for participating as a dealer on the VCoins site is strict adherence to the VCoins Dealer Code of Ethics. This Code is intended to promote mutual trust between dealers and the public through fairness, honesty, and integrity.
Each VCoins dealer pledges the following:
- 1. I subscribe to the terms of the VCoins Dealer Code of Ethics and agree to be bound by the provisions thereof, including any revisions as may be made from time to time.
- 2. I will conduct my business in a professional and ethical manner, and will exercise common sense and courtesy in my professional dealings, to ensure that no discredit is brought to VCoins or other VCoins dealers.
- 3. I will freely share my numismatic knowledge with non-professional collectors or interested individuals and will encourage research into ancient numismatics and history.
- 4. I will promptly deliver items I sell unless other arrangements are made with the buyer.
- 5. I will promptly pay for items I purchase unless other arrangements are made with the seller.
- 6. I will not intentionally misrepresent the value of any item, and I will not take unfair advantage of non-professional customers, be they buyers or sellers.
- 7. I will take all reasonable actions to correct errors made in normal transactions.
- 8. I will not knowingly deal in counterfeits, copies, or reproductions without full and clear description of their nature. I will never knowingly represent such items as genuine.
- 9. I will not knowingly deal in stolen numismatic items. I will report such items to the proper authorities if they are offered to me.
- 10. I will vouch for the authenticity of items I sell and will have no time limit on the return of items discovered to be non-authentic. I will offer a full cash refund upon return of any such item, including the cost of return shipping.
- 11. I will allow returns within a period not less than fourteen (14) days from the recorded date of shipping or ten (10) days following attempted delivery or receipt by the purchaser, whichever is the earlier date. This return policy does not apply to group lots, items advertised and sold “as-is”, items altered after receipt, or other items as specifically agreed upon beforehand with the customer. Mail bid or auction sales may have shorter limits.
- 12. I will explicitly state my terms and conditions of sale in my e-store.
- 13. I will not intentionally misrepresent items I sell, including the use of misleading images, historical conjecture, unsubstantiated provenance or pedigree, or other tactics that may artificially inflate the perceived value of an item.
- 14. I will operate in a fair and honorable manner, and will not intentionally defame the character of my competitors or the quality of their products.
Violations of any provision of the VCoins Code of Ethics shall constitute conduct prejudicial to VCoins and may result in account suspension, termination, and/or legal action